Thursday, October 29, 2009

This is definitely not a Liz Rand cookie


Okay, I'm really pretty adventuresome with the food here and have even learned to eat with my hand in proper Indian fashion. (Though I still do sometimes scandalize Fr. Jose by wanting to put rice in my soup. I have to do it when he's not looking.)


However, today during the afternoon break I happily got my tea (made with hot milk and sugar--yum) and saw to my amazement little plates with large cookies. Or so I thought. I took a bite and went to warn Tom, as you can see in the photo, "These are NOT Liz Rand chocolate chip cookies." Not even oatmeal. Not even close.

Actually, the "cookie" was really quite tasty once someone informed me it was a lentil treat (with lots of other food things in there and of course spices) and I got my taste buds straightened out about what to expect.

I really love the food here and eating is definitely a three-times-a-day adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment